Your comfort is our highest priority. This page outlines what to expect while you are a guest here as well as our policies.
We are situated in a rural setting, and although the roads in the area are well marked, we encourage you to arrive during daylight hours. If this isn’t possible please let us know so we can be sure to be close to the phone in the event you need last minute driving instructions. Also please be aware that although Virginia Whitetail Deer are always crossing the local roads, their numbers are particularly high during the months of November and December.
Our property can not be seen from the paved road and the gravel lane is over 1,000 feet in length. You’ll need to travel some 800 feet down the lane before the buildings come into view.
On Saturday, Sunday, and any Monday during a three-day Federal Holiday we serve a hot breakfast. Usually meals are simple and Saturday usually features items such as bacon or sausages, eggs cooked to your preference, home fries or grits, and a selection of toasts, juices, coffee and tea. On Sundays we offer either pancakes or French toast with seasonal fruit and maple syrup which we obtain from New York State. On Mondays which are part of a three-day weekend we usually make a selection of frittatas and serve them alongside home fries. We can cook to a variety of special or dietary needs with advance notice.
For the remainder of the week breakfast features a selection of seasonal fruit, yogurt and cottage cheese, cereals, toasts, juices, coffee and tea. Complimentary coffee and tea service is also available in the galley in the Guest House, as part of the kitchen in the efficiency apartment, and in the main kitchen for stays in the remainder of the Stone House.
We list here the policies that are requested most frequently. Each guest room has an orientation guide that includes the full policy list.
- Smoking is not permitted in any internal space. We provide ash trays for our smoking guests and request that smoking be conducted outdoors or in the corn crib. Smoking inside any building will result in an additional fee to cover the costs of additional cleaning of the rooms affected.
- Well-behaved dogs under 50 lb are permitted in the Efficiency Apartment (Stone House) and the South Bedroom (Guest House) only. Guests may bring up to 2 companions and the pet fee is $10/pet per night. We reserve the right to charge an additional fee for any additional cleaning required or to cover damages to the furnishing or guest room. There is a 30 lb male mixed terrier on the property who gets along well with other dogs and visitors.
- Common areas exist for guests regardless of which building they stay in. The hot tub and outdoor shower at the stone house, the outdoor shower and sunning lawn at the Guest House, the Corn Crib (West Pasture), and the fire ring are all common areas.
- Use of the hot tub and swimming pool is restricted to the hours between 6 AM and 10 PM. Guests are responsible for determining whether any health conditions would warrant refraining from using either the hot tub or the swimming pool. For the safety of our guests, please refrain from bring glass into either area or at any of the outdoor showers.
- Parts of the property are clothing optional for guests who wish to enjoy themselves in warm weather. These areas include many of the walking paths and several sunning areas. Guests should inquire concerning which areas are clothing optional. Please be aware that during the late Fall there may be hunters on the property during the early morning and evening hours.
If you have any questions about these or the other provided policies, please feel free to call us ahead of time, email us, or ask at check-in.